A HEALTHY BODY IS A HAPPY BODY
Therapeutic massage has an impressive range of health benefits:
- Provides deep relaxation and stress reduction
- Relieves muscle tension and stiffness
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation of blood and lymph fluids
- Assists with removal of metabolic wastes
- Reduces blood pressure
- Relieves tension-related headaches and eye pain
- Encourages faster healing time from pulled muscles and sprained ligaments
- Enhances the health and nourishment of the skin
- Strengthens the immune system
- Facilitates neuromuscular re-education
- Greatly reduces pain
- Provides a relaxed state of alertness
- Reduces mental stress
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Satisfies the need for caring & nurturing touch
- Creates a feeling of well-being
- Enables a greater ease of emotional expression
- Enhances self-image
- Increases awareness of the mind/body connection
Your massage session will be unique to your individual needs.
Click on massage modalities for detailed descriptions of massage techniques.
When booking an appointment online:
If you have a promotional voucher:
*In the notes, please type in the 8 digit voucher number and the expiration date.
*View location tips. Note that MAK Massage is located in building 2008, part of the Atria Park Business Center group of buildings. (Atria Park Business Center is the signage to look for on Hogback Rd.)
*Vouchers are for new clients. Please contact MAK Massage directly to purchase your voucher directly. If you have previously been to MAK Massage, call or email to find out the rebook specials for current clients.
Appointment / Cancellation Policies:
*All appointments must be held with a valid credit card (this will be added to the online scheduler soon).
*Vouchers are reduced to half value for all canceled appointments with less than 48 hours notice. Appointment can be rescheduled using the voucher, plus $20.00.
*Vouchers are automatically redeemed for all no call / no show sessions and appointments that are canceled less than 24 hours prior to the appointment. Appointment can be rescheduled for the regular session price.
(End of Home Page)
- Neuromuscular Therapy -is based on neurological laws that explain how the central nervous system maintains homoeostatic balance, and in many cases, eliminates the cause of a person’s acute to chronic myofascial pain and dysfunction.In a healthy individual, nerves transmit impulses, which are responsible for every movement, function and thought to the body very slowly. Injury, trauma, postural distortion or stress cause nerves to speed up their transmission, preventing equilibrium and making the body susceptible to pain and malfunction. It is therefore necessary to stabilize low levels of neurological activity to maintain normal function and overall health. Neuromuscular therapy is intentional work and can be tender in some spots. However those tender areas usually need the most work.
- Myofascial Release -Myofascial release is the three-dimensional application of sustained pressure and movement into the fascial system in order to eliminate fascial restrictions and facilitate the emergence of emotional patterns and belief systems that are no longer relevant or are impeding progress. First, an assessment is made by visually analyzing the human frame, followed by the palpation of the tissue texture of various fascial layers. Upon locating an area of fascial tension, gentle pressure is applied in the direction of the restriction. Myofascial release is an effective therapeutic approach in the relief of cervical pain, back pain, fibromyalgia, scoliosis, neurological dysfunction, restriction of motion, chronic pain, and headaches.
- Swedish Massage -Swedish Massage is great if this is your first massage. Some of the benefits from a swedish massage include lowering stress levels, relaxation, and relieving stress. Lotion/oil is used during a swedish massage and you may request the amount of pressure you desire. -
- Prenatal Massage- Prenatal massage is excellent for expecting mothers that are past their 12th week of pregnancy. Prenatal massage relieves swelling, aches and pain related to pregnancy, reduces stress, anxiety, and depression that may accompany pregnancy. Prenatal massage is done with the client laying on her side.